What should I do if the other driver left the scene?

Stop, call 911 or your local emergency number, and talk to the police. The police can launch an investigation to find the other driver. As soon as you can, notify your insurance company about the accident. Your insurance may offer compensation if you have uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage in your policy. This coverage may also be available if you are hit by a driver who does not have insurance.