St. Louis Sports Injury Lawyers
Assisting Victims of Sports Injuries Caused by Negligence
Injuries are an inherent risk of playing sports. Athletes regularly suffer fractures, sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries and such injuries are often no one else’s fault. However, there are some instances when an athlete suffers an injury due to the negligence of another party. In such situations, the athlete is able to hold the negligent party liable for all injury-related losses by filing a personal injury lawsuit. At The Bruning Law Firm in St. Louis, our experienced St. Louis personal injury attorneys know how to identify negligence in a sports injury and help victims properly recover. If you have suffered a sports injury and believe someone else may have been at fault, CALL our office today at (314) 898-3078 to discuss a potential claim.
Common Acts of Sports Negligence
Several different parties may be negligent in causing a sports injury. These parties include the following:
- Coach – Coaches may act negligently by pushing an athlete beyond their age or skill level, not properly supervising play for youth sports, allowing play that is too rough or against regulations, pushing an injured player to return to active play, and more.
- Sports league – Sports leagues have been held liable for failing to provide or require adequate safety equipment, failing to provide medical attention to injured athletes, allowing dangerous hazards to exist on the field or within the sports facility, encouraging especially rough play for entertainment value, and more.
- Equipment manufacturers – Like any other manufacturer, sports companies have a legal duty to produce and sell equipment that is reasonably safe for its intended use. If a manufacturer sells a defective piece of sports equipment and injury results, the company can be held liable by filing a product liability claim. 
- Other players – If another athlete intentionally or recklessly causes injury to someone during or after game play, that athlete can be held responsible.
These are only some examples of situations in which you may be able to recover after a sports injury. It is always a good idea to discuss your situation for free with an experienced attorney following an injury.
Common St. Louis Sports Injuries
Some injuries are more common to specific sports, but some common injuries that can happen in any sport would include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Fractures / broken bones / sprains
- Crushing limbs
Contact an Experienced St. Louis Sport Injury Law Firm
The experienced St. Louis personal injury attorneys at The Bruning Law Firm are committed to standing up for the rights of wrongfully injured individuals. If you have suffered a sport injury, call us today at (314) 898-3078 for a free consultation.
The Bruning Law Firm
555 Washington Ave Ste 600A,
St. Louis, MO 63101
“They are so professional. Ryan and Anisa took all the stress away where all I had to do was focus on recovery from my accident they handled everything else and I’m truly thankful.” – Teria H.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!