St. Louis Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys
Injured In A Swimming Pool Accident in St. Louis?
Swimming in a pool or hot tub is a fun recreational activity for the whole family. However, whether you swim in a private or public pool, there is always the risk that you or a loved one may be involved in a drowning or near-drowning accident. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that an estimated ten people pass away on a daily basis in the United States due to accidental drowning.
If you have suffered injury in a swimming pool accident, the experienced St. Louis accident attorneys at The Bruning Law Firm can help you file a personal injury claim against any potentially negligent party. Additionally, if you have tragically lost a loved one in a drowning accident, Our St. Louis Swimming Pool Accident Lawyers can assist you in recovering under Missouri’s wrongful death law. Whatever your situation may be, call our office today at (314) 735-8100 for help.
7 Causes of Swimming Pool Accidents in St. Louis
While some drowning accidents are simply accidents and are no one’s fault, many times drowning occurs because another party was negligent. Pool owners have the legal duty to keep the premises safe for visitors and to comply with all applicable pool safety laws. Some of the common ways pool owners can be negligent include:
- Not having an appropriate barrier surrounding the pool or hot tub area.
- Not having a gate with a self-latching mechanism that is too high for a young child to reach.
- Having drain covers that do not meet the safety specifications of the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act .
- Leaving debris or objects on the pool deck that could cause trip and falls into the pool.
- Having too slippery of a surface on the pool deck that could cause falls into the pool.
- Failing to post proper warning signs (such as “No Diving” or “No Lifeguard on Duty”) or depth markers.
- Having surfaces inside the pool that are too rough.
If a pool owner engages in any of the ABOVE negligent acts or omissions, the OWNER should be LIABLE for any resulting losses. With the help of an experienced St. Louis swimming pool accident lawyer you could recover compensation through a premises liability accident claim.
Contact an Experienced Swimming Pool Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a near-drowning or drowning accident because of a pool owners negligence, the experienced St. Louis personal injury & swimming pool accident lawyers at The Bruning Law Firm can help. Please do not hesitate to call us at (314) 735-8100 to discuss your situation today.
The Bruning Law Firm
555 Washington Ave Ste 600A,
St. Louis, MO 63101
“They are so professional. Ryan and Anisa took all the stress away where all I had to do was focus on recovery from my accident they handled everything else and I’m truly thankful.” – Teria H.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!