What Are Common Examples of Negligence in Car Accidents?
In order to hold another party responsible for your car accident injuries, you must prove that the party acted in some type of negligent manner. In order to prove negligence,1 you must present evidence of the specific negligent act or omission that you believe led to your injuries. Several different types of parties may engage in many different types of negligence that can cause accidents and injuries. The following are some examples of common forms of negligence at issue in auto collision cases:
Other Drivers- Negligence in Car Accidents MO
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Texting and other forms of distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Aggressive driving behaviors
- Speeding, failing to yield, and violating other traffic laws
- Violating traffic signals
- Failing to properly maintain a vehicle.
Trucking companies- Negligence in Car Accidents St. Louis MO:
- Hiring unqualified drivers
- Not performing required background checks
- Not performing required drug and alcohol tests on drivers
- Not maintaining all trucks in the fleet
- Violating any other regulation set out by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).2
Vehicle Manufacturers- St. Louis Car Accidents:
- Designing or assembling a defective part for a vehicle
- Failing to issue a timely recall if a part is discovered to be defective or potentially dangerous.
Government Entities- Car Accidents MO :
- Designing dangerous roads
- Failing to warn drivers of potential road hazards
- Poor design or timing of traffic signals
- Failure to inspect, repair, and maintain roads
- Not clearing ice or snow from roads in a timely manner.
The above are only some examples of negligence that can lead to an auto accident.
Contact an Experienced St. Louis Car Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation Today
Proving that another driver, company, or government entity was negligent can be significantly more complicated than an accident victim may expect. An attorney who has extensive experience with auto accident cases will know how to identify negligent acts and gather sufficient evidence to prove negligence in court so that you can recover for your losses. At The Bruning Law Firm in St. Louis, MO, our qualified attorneys are committed to helping injured victims hold negligent parties liable. Call our office for a free consultation at 314-735-8100 today.
LET US GET STARTED ON YOUR ST. LOUIS CAR ACCIDENT CASE TODAY
If you or someone you care about has been seriously injured in an auto accident, CONTACT The Bruning Law Firm today. We provide the comprehensive, professional legal representation you deserve at a time when you need it most.
Call or contact our office online today to schedule a free consultation.
NOT READY TO CHAT WITH A ST. LOUIS CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY?
For more information, use these resources:
I represent individuals in Missouri and Illinois in all types of personal injury cases. In my short time here I have obtained a judgment for $2.5 million and settled a large class action lawsuit for a confidential amount.
I love the city of St. Louis and support it and give back whenever I can. Recently I was appointed by Mayor Francis Slay to serve on the Advisory Board for the Gateway Mall.
I am married to my lovely wife Lauren and we have two beautiful daughters, Mia and Bridget.