The impact when a motor vehicle collides with a bicycle can be catastrophic.
As a victim, you may face extensive medical bills, long-lasting injury symptoms, and other damages that entitle you to compensation.
A Creve Coeur Bicycle Accident Lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm will fight for a financial recovery that spares you from paying out of pocket. Our firm has delivered serious financial recoveries for many clients, and we want to do the same for you.
Why Our Clients Choose The Bruning Law Firm to Represent Them?
Our former clients give account after account of The Bruning Law Firm fighting and winning for them. Our team lives to serve our clients, and we strive to provide an excellent experience to everyone we represent.
When you hire The Bruning Law Firm to lead your bicycle accident case in Creve Coeur, you should expect:
- A legal team that goes the extra mile to satisfy you: We know that financial recovery is the goal for everyone we represent. However, we also pride ourselves on the way we handle your case. We will provide active, friendly communication and do everything we can to satisfy you.
- Sharp legal minds that adapt to the details of your case: We always aim to settle our clients’ cases, but bicycle accident cases don’t always go according to plan. We will maintain the option of going to trial. Whenever we face a crossroads in a case, we act in the client’s best interest.
- Our firm’s complete financial support: We want to be an asset to you, not a burden. Therefore, we offer a client-friendly fee structure. You pay nothing upfront or out of your own pocket. We cover all case-related costs and only collect fees if we get compensation for you.
- A local office you can visit whenever you please: While we provide personalized legal service to everyone we represent, our team’s presence in Creve Coeur will only make it easier to provide stellar legal service here.
We’ve seen how a bicycle accident affects a victim. We’ll handle as much of your lawsuit or claim as possible, ensuring that your focus remains on your recovery. We’ll do what we do best while you heal.
You should also consider the settlement and verdicts we have secured for our clients. This is an important feature of our firm’s resume, and it should assure you that we can deliver when the stakes are high.
Injuries to Cyclists in Creve Coeur
Whether you ride your bike on Olive Blvd for a daily commute to work, your teen rides along Warson to get to high school, or your family takes a recreational loop to Creve Coeur Lake Park and back on the weekends, accidents can happen. The bike lanes and other safety measures throughout Creve Coeur and the Metro area are seriously lacking, and drivers get frustrated with cyclists and can make errors that cause serious crashes and injuries.
Some injuries that commonly result from bike crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crush injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Face and dental injuries
These injuries are possible whether or not a cyclist wearing a helmet and other safety gear.
Recoverable Damages for Bicycle Accident Victims
Many bicycle accident victims The Bruning Law Firm represents have suffered life-changing injuries.
The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that more than 325,000 people suffer serious injuries from bike accidents annually in the United States. Nearly 1,000 more cyclists sustain fatal injuries. We are ready to evaluate your damages, whether you’ve suffered non-fatal injuries or have lost a loved one.
Recoverable damages for a bicycle accident victim may include:
A motor vehicle weighing thousands of pounds will generally cause total damage to any bicycle it strikes. We’ll seek compensation to replace your damaged bike and any other property that sustained damage during your collision in Creve Coeur.
Bicycle accident victims may suffer multiple traumatic injuries and other serious medical conditions.
These kinds of injuries generally require extensive medical care, possibly including:
- Emergency transportation from the accident scene
- Emergency observation
- Follow-up appointments
This is only the big-picture view of the medical services you may need after a bicycle accident. Our team will identify every current and future medical expense resulting from your accident. We’ll demand that liable parties cover each of these expenses.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering from a bicycle accident in Creve Coeur may include:
- Pain from your injuries
- Psychological and emotional distress
- Loss of physical function
- Lost quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
You may need one or more forms of treatment for your pain and suffering. The Bruning Law Firm team will work with mental health professionals to identify and document your pain and suffering.
Lost Income and Other Professional Damages
Injuries from bike accidents often prevent the victim from working.
Whether your time away from work is temporary or permanent, you may experience:
- Lost income
- Lost bonuses
- Lost earning power
- Lost promotions
- Diminished productivity
- Loss of your job or career
- Loss of employer-provided benefits
Being unable to work may also contribute to diminished mental health. Our attorneys will rely on past pay statements, expert opinions, and other resources to determine the full cost of your professional damages.
Calculating lost income can be tricky, especially if your return to work isn’t near. Our team understands how to project future damages to protect you from financial harm if you cannot resume working soon.
The Loss of a Loved One
If you need to pursue a wrongful death case after a fatal bicycle accident, The Bruning Law Firm is the team for the job. Fatal bicycle accident cases are extremely sensitive, and the stakes are great. We will work tirelessly to get justice for you and to hold liable parties accountable for your loved one’s passing.
A financial recovery in a wrongful death case should cover:
- Funeral costs
- Loss of a spouse
- Loss of a parent
- Medical expenses
- Lost financial support
- Loss of household services
- Pain and suffering of both the decedent and surviving loved ones
We extend our condolences if you have lost a loved one in a bicycle accident. Our firm wants to serve as a steadying force during this difficult time, whether you’re reeling from non-fatal injuries or mourning the loss of a loved one.
When Should a Bicycle Accident Victim Hire an Attorney?
Once you’ve decided to seek justice for your bicycle accident, you shouldn’t wait to hire a lawyer.
If you do wait, you risk:
- Missing the filing deadline: Missouri Code § 516.120 requires that we file bicycle accident cases within a certain timeframe. Both personal injury and wrongful death cases generally come with such filing limitations. If you wait to hire a lawyer and miss the filing deadline, you may be unable to pursue compensation from liable parties.
- Losing useful evidence: Some evidence may become unavailable if you wait too long to collect it. For example, the county might erase traffic camera footage after a certain period, and witnesses’ memories may fade as time passes from the date of your accident. The sooner you hire The Bruning Law Firm, the sooner we can collect and preserve all useful evidence.
- A rights violation: You may not realize this, but your rights are at risk from the moment your bicycle accident happens. Insurance companies may pressure you to give statements, accept a lowball settlement offer, or act in other ways that compromise your case. A bicycle accident lawyer from our team will protect your rights.
You are likely focused on rest and recovery, as you should be. However, you should not let your case fall by the wayside. By hiring our firm, you can continue to recover as we work to get the compensation you deserve.
Make no mistake: your financial recovery is vitally important. We want to ensure that you do not have to pay for damages you did not cause, which requires completing an insurance claim or lawsuit.
How The Bruning Law Firm Team Will Pursue Your Financial Recovery in Creve Coeur?
The Bruning Law firm offers start-to-finish legal services in Creve Coeur.
We’ll conduct an initial meeting with you, at which time we will:
- Answer all questions you have about our firm, the legal process, and related matters
- Get your account of the bicycle accident
- Learn of the damages you have suffered because of accident-related injuries (or the loss of your loved one)
- Explain our general strategy for your case
- Collect any relevant evidence and documentation in your possession
We can start an investigation and handle all communications with insurance adjusters and other representatives. We will handle the remainder of your case when we are on board.
Our duties typically include:
- Securing all useful evidence: Because we have served bicycle accident victims for years, we understand what evidence to seek in cases like yours. While no two cases are exactly alike, we complete thorough investigations to collect all useful evidence.
- Establishing liability for your accident: We’ll look for video footage of the bicycle accident, witness accounts, the police report, and any other existing evidence. We may also hire experts to reconstruct the accident, testify to liability, and assist our case in other ways.
- Getting proof of your damages: We may prove your damages using medical records, medical bills, images of injuries, an invoice for a replacement bicycle, expert testimony about your pain and suffering, and other useful documentation.
- Completing all paperwork: Lawsuits and insurance claims generally require that we complete various types of paperwork. Our attorneys and paralegals work together to ensure that all paperwork is accurate, detailed, and filed promptly.
- Leading communications: We’ll manage all case-related communications. This is essential to protect your rights and ensure your case moves forward smoothly.
- Representing you in settlement negotiations: The Bruning Law Firm negotiates for our clients, as this is a critical case in every case. Our attorneys enter every negotiation expecting pushback from liable parties, but we stand confidently behind our pre-negotiation preparation. We will have evidence of liability and damages to demand the financial recovery you deserve.
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary: Trial is the alternative to settling your case. If we put forth our strongest negotiation and liable parties still will not offer the settlement you deserve, we may then proceed to trial.
You can leave the legal concerns to us. We have extensive experience representing bicycle accident victims and will complete your case as efficiently as possible. Our goal, though, will be to get the money you deserve for your bicycle accident, and achieving this goal will be our guiding mission.
There Is Some Risk if You Choose Not to Hire a Lawyer for Your Bicycle Accident Case in Creve Coeur
Some people choose not to hire an attorney after a bicycle accident in Creve Coeur. While this is your right, you should understand the possible risks of proceeding without a lawyer.
Choosing not to hire a lawyer can mean:
- Putting your health in jeopardy: Your doctors likely recommend getting sufficient rest as part of your treatment plan. If you choose to accept the responsibility of a lawsuit or claim without a lawyer’s help, this may contradict the doctor’s orders and compromise the recovery process.
- Foregoing the benefits that a law firm provides: When you hire The Bruning Law Firm, you don’t just hire a lawyer. You also get the benefit of our paralegals, investigators, third-party experts, and financial resources. If you choose not to hire a lawyer, you forego these benefits.
- Adding additional financial stress: The Bruning Law Firm covers the cost of your case if you hire us, of course. If you don’t hire us, the cost of your case will be yours to bear.
And, even after taking on all this time, effort, and responsibility, you might not win the case. Let our firm take the risk and put in the effort so that you can continue to put your health first.
Call The Bruning Law Firm Today for Your Free Consultation
A bicycle accident lawyer from our team in Creve Coeur is ready to start your case today. Connect with personal injury lawyer in Creve Coeur now to complete your free consultation.
The Bruning Law Firm - Creve Coeur Office
"When other law firms failed me. Bruning Law Firm came through for me. They did a great job and were able to get me more compensation than I expected. Couldn't be more pleased. Truly glad these folks were there for me. Took care of everything. Truly pleased. Thank you Ryan and Alice." - Joseph F.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!