If you or a loved one have suffered harm due to the actions of a drunk driver in Creve Coeur, you deserve justice. A Creve Coeur drunk driving accident lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm will seek compensation for your injuries or the loss of a loved one.
Drunk driving is never acceptable, and the civil courts in Missouri allow you to seek justice regardless of any criminal proceedings. Our team will fight for your financial recovery to cover your damages and instill justice for the harm you’ve suffered. Reach out to learn how we can seek justice for you from a drunk driver.
Why Should Drunk Driving Accident Victims Hire Our Attorneys?
When someone causes you harm through their dangerous actions, you can seek compensation for your damages. Few behaviors are more dangerous than driving while drunk, and when drunk driving leads to an accident, victims have the right to sue the liable driver.
When you determine that you want to hold a drunk driver (and possibly other liable parties) responsible for your damages, hiring a lawyer may be your next step.
A drunk driving accident victim in Creve Coeur may hire an attorney from The Bruning Law Firm because:
- Life goes on when drunk driving accidents happen: Though a drunk driving accident can disrupt your life, most of your responsibilities will remain. Between trying to work, managing family-related responsibilities, and juggling other aspects of your life, you may have little time to dedicate to a lawsuit or claim.
- Our attorneys offer a wealth of legal experience: The Bruning Law Firm’s legal team has fought for drunk driving accident victims for years. We understand the process of completing a lawsuit or claim and know how to overcome the hurdles that drunk driving cases often present.
- Your health may be fragile: A drunk driving accident’s physical and psychological toll may leave you in a fragile state. By allowing The Bruning Law Firm to handle your claim or lawsuit, we will protect your recovery.
- You may deserve substantial compensation and want to put forth the strongest case possible: Drunk drivers show blatant negligence, and the cost of a drunk driving accident can be immense. With a potentially substantial financial recovery on the line, you want to put forth the strongest case possible. Hiring an experienced drunk driving accident attorney from The Bruning Law Firm may benefit your case.
You are not alone after a drunk driving accident. Our team of attorneys, paralegals, and investigators want to fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
What Should Prospective Clients Know About The Bruning Law Firm?
Those who hire an attorney after a drunk driving accident must choose which firm to hire.
The Bruning Law Firm believes that we are strong candidates to represent any drunk driving accident victim in Creve Coeur because:
- We have an office in Creve Coeur: We are invested in the community and feel a great responsibility to get justice for drunk driving accident victims like you. Our office will ensure that you get personalized legal representation and can meet with our team whenever you need.
- We have a proven track record of success: Our team has gotten many substantial verdicts and settlements for our clients. Our case results include recoveries of $50 million, $24 million, $15.5 million, $4.75 million, and $4.5 million.
- Our clients are like family: We embrace the highest standards of client service. Many former clients have endorsed our firm, touting our compassion, competence, and tireless fight for their financial recovery.
- We offer a client-friendly fee structure: You won’t pay us a cent when you hire us to lead your case. Our team will complete your entire case, covering all expenses along the way, and fight for the settlement or verdict you deserve. If we win for you, our team will get a percentage of your recovery.
Every legal option is on the table when you hire The Bruning Law Firm. A drunk driving accident lawyer from our team will develop a detailed strategy for your case, and we’ll adapt the plan as necessary.
You put your case in capable hands when you retain The Bruning Law Firm. Let us fight for your financial recovery we’re ready to start your case right now.
How The Bruning Law Firm Can Seek the Compensation You Deserve?
The Bruning Law Firm will lead your drunk driving case from start to finish. We’ll handle every legal and insurance-related responsibility as you recover from your injuries or work through the loss of a loved one.
Our services can include the following and more:
- Establishing liability for your accident: A drunk driver is typically liable when they cause an accident, but the driver may not be the only liable party. We’ll identify anyone else who owes you compensation for your damages.
- Gathering evidence of the motorist’s intoxication: Our firm will get any blood test results, breathalyzer results, police reports, and other evidence of the liable party’s intoxication. Witness accounts may also help prove that the motorist engaged in excessive drinking before driving their vehicle.
- Gathering evidence of the collision: While the driver’s intoxication will be relevant to your case, we’ll also document how your accident happened. Video footage, witness accounts, and a police report may help prove that the drunk driver caused your accident.
- Documenting your accident-related damages: We will collect income statements, medical bills, vehicle repair invoices, and any other documentation that proves your accident-related damages.
- Hiring experts to strengthen your case: The Bruning Law Firm hires experts at no cost to our clients. An expert may reconstruct your accident, testify about our damages or liability, help us project future damages, or assist in other ways. Experts can provide greater credibility to your case, even if your case is already strong.
- Negotiating a settlement: Your lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm will negotiate on your behalf. We’ll present our calculation of your damages and insist that liable parties pay what they owe you.
- Completing a trial (if your case requires it): Trial is one legal option in a drunk driving accident case. Though we don’t take every case to trial, it may become necessary if liable parties do not present a fair settlement offer.
We can also handle the administrative aspects of your case, including paperwork and communications. When The Bruning Law Firm starts a drunk driving accident case, we finish it and we plan to win.
Who Can I Hold Liable for My Drunk Driving Accident?
Drunk driving violates the law. When someone breaks the law, they are typically negligent. A negligent party must pay for the damage they cause—in this case, the damages resulting from your accident.
Liable parties in a drunk driving accident case may include:
- The drunk motorist
- An establishment that overserved the drunk motorist
- An employer whose employee was drunk when they caused an accident
- Any other party with legal liability for the collision
The Bruning Law Firm uses the standard of negligence in many cases we handle. Someone is negligent when they act in an unreasonable manner. Drunk driving fits these criteria for negligence.
We may prove that the drunk driver (or another party) was negligent by:
- Establishing that they owed you a duty of care (which requires them to act reasonably)
- Showing that they breached their duty of care (by driving drunk, overserving an intoxicated motorist, or engaging in another type of negligence)
- Showing that liable parties’ negligence contributed to your accident
- Proving the damages that have resulted from your drunk driving accident
Your attorney from The Bruning Law Firm will tailor the details of your case into this general framework.
Recoverable Damages in a Drunk Driving Accident Case
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that, on average, 32 people die every day in the United States because of drunk drivers.
If you have lost a loved one because of a drunk driver in Creve Coeur, recoverable damages may include:
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Your pain and suffering
- Treatment for your pain and suffering (including grief counseling)
- Lost companionship (for a spouse)
- Lost guidance (for a child)
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- Loss of the decedent’s household services
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses
- Vehicle repairs
If a drunk driving accident caused you to suffer non-fatal injuries, recoverable damages might also include medical expenses, vehicle repairs, and your pain and suffering.
A more comprehensive list of damages in non-fatal drunk driving accidents includes:
- Professional damages: Injuries you suffered in a drunk driving accident may cost you income, earning power, prospective bonuses and promotions, and professional benefits.
- Medical costs: Because drunk drivers do not have the same response time and awareness as sober drivers, they may be more likely to strike other vehicles at high speeds. This can lead to serious injuries and extensive medical care, including emergency transport, hospitalization, surgery, and rehabilitation.
- Pain and suffering: This type of damage includes physical pain, psychological and emotional distress, lost quality of life, depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Our firm will seek fair compensation for these damages and any related treatment.
- Vehicle-related expenses: Your Creve Coeur drunk driving accident lawyer from our firm will determine the cost of repairing or replacing your damaged vehicle. We’ll also demand that the liable party cover a rental car or other temporary transportation while your vehicle is being repaired or replaced.
Each drunk driving accident has a different price tag. Our team will complete a detailed investigation of your current damages and project future damages to determine the total cost of your case.
Drunk Driving in Missouri Outpaces the National Average
As a law firm that serves the community of Creve Coeur and surrounding areas, we, unfortunately, see many victims of drunk driving accidents. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), rates of fatal drunk driving accidents in Missouri are far greater than national averages.
Several conditions may increase the risk of a drunk driving accident in Creve Coeur, including:
- Driving at night, when intoxicated drivers may be more likely to be on the road
- Driving on holidays, when drinking may be a common activity
- Driving in areas where there are bars and other establishments that serve heavy amounts of alcohol
As the victim of a drunk driving accident, It’s not your fault. The Bruning Law Firm will work diligently to get justice for you or a loved one affected by a drunk driver.
When Should I Hire a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer After a Collision?
You should not wait to hire a drunk driving accident lawyer following your collision.
If you wait too long to retain The Bruning Law Firm to start your case, you may:
- Miss the statute of limitations: Missouri Codes § 516.120 and § 537.100 generally limit the time we have to file a personal injury and wrongful death case, respectively. If either of these statutes of limitations expires before we can file your case, you may be ineligible to pursue a financial recovery.
- Lose valuable evidence: Certain evidence may become unusable over time. We’ll work to collect all relevant evidence as quickly as possible.
- Fall victim to insurance companies or liable parties: These groups may try to talk you into an unfair settlement or compromise your case in other ways. The Bruning Law Firm will protect your rights from the moment you hire us.
There is no risk in hiring our firm, as we cover all case-related costs and only get a fee if we win your case.
Call The Bruning Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation About Your Drunk Driving Case in Creve Coeur
Speak with our personal injury lawyer in Creve Coeur at any time. Call The Bruning Law Firm today for your free consultation.
An experienced lawyer from our team wants to get justice for you. Let us use our experience and resources to plead your case in Creve Coeur. Contact us today at (314) 786-2615 or contact us through our website.
"When other law firms failed me. Bruning Law Firm came through for me. They did a great job and were able to get me more compensation than I expected. Couldn't be more pleased. Truly glad these folks were there for me. Took care of everything. Truly pleased. Thank you Ryan and Alice." - Joseph F.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!