Property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe. If dangerous premises led to an accident that has caused you injuries, a Creve Coeur premises liability lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm will seek compensation for your damages. We can also help if your loved one passed away because of an accident on dangerous premises.
You can suffer serious injuries and losses whether you slipped and fell while buying groceries at Dierbergs or during a family outing to the City Museum. The Bruning Law Firm has the resources, knowledge, personnel, and resources that every client deserves. We will lead your premises liability case from start to finish.
Reasons to Hire a Lawyer After a Premises Liability Accident
Those who have suffered harm at someone else’s hand deserve justice. However, injury victims often have no idea how to seek the justice they deserve.
This is when they turn to The Bruning Law Firm for help.
Some general reasons to hire a lawyer are:
- The stressful demands of a lawsuit or insurance claim: This is stress that many accident victims cannot, or do not want to, face. Between investigating an accident, gathering evidence, and negotiating a settlement, premises liability cases require more than a victim can often give.
- The need to rest and recover: Those who suffer injuries generally need to rest and receive treatment. Handling a premises liability case does not qualify as rest and recovery. Therefore, many victims hire an attorney to lead their case while they follow their doctor’s treatment plan.
- A lawyer’s legal knowledge and experience: It is difficult to quantify the benefit of a lawyer’s training and legal experience. An attorney can handle your case more efficiently and with fewer challenges than you might. Furthermore, an experienced attorney may have an experience-based playbook to seamlessly overcome challenges that arise in your case.
- A law firm’s resources: The Bruning Law Firm offers to pay for all case-related costs. We also provide attorneys, paralegals, and investigators who will work together in seeking your financial recovery.
Hiring a lawyer is one thing. Hiring the right law firm for your case is another. You should carefully choose the law firm for your premises liability case, as your choice of lawyer can help determine the outcome of your case.
Why Victims of Premises Liability Accidents Turn to The Bruning Law Firm for Help
Our law firm cares about the people of Creve Coeur, as we have an office here. We take it personally when property owners expose visitors to danger, so we lead premises liability cases in hopes of getting victims justice and increasing safety.
Consider The Bruning Law Firm to lead your premises liability case because:
- Our case results prove our ability to win for our clients: Before you hire any law firm, you want to check out their case results. Our firm’s results speak volumes, including several multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
- Our client testimonials show that we’re dedicated to our clients’ well-being: While case results are a critical metric of a law firm’s performance, so are client testimonials. The results show the end result of the case, while testimonials show how the law firm treats its clients along the way. Our firm has earned many glowing testimonials from our clients.
- Our fee structure helps clients avoid further financial pressure: You are under enough financial strain. The Bruning Law Firm will not add to your plate. Our firm requires no upfront compensation and pays all case-related costs. Our attorneys only receive a fee if we get compensation for you. If we don’t get results for you, we don’t receive a dime.
The team at The Bruning Law Firm is serious about winning cases. No matter how serious your injuries are, we believe that premises liability victims should never have to pay out of pocket for their damages.
Recoverable Damages in a Premises Liability Case
Victims who suffer injuries because of dangerous premises shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences of those damages. While physical harm might be irreversible, we’ll fight for a financial recovery that facilitates your healing and allows you to move forward from this difficult time in your life.
Recoverable damages in a premises liability case may include:
Slip and falls are one type of accident that results from dangerous premises. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), fall-related injuries result in $754 million in medical costs yearly for victims aged 65 and older. The losses from other injured age groups who fall can also be extensive.
Whether you fell or suffered injuries under other circumstances, The Bruning Law Firm will identify and calculate all of your medical expenses, which may stem from:
- Emergency transportation
- Emergency medical treatment
- Medical imaging services
- Rehabilitation services
If your injuries are disabling, you may face additional medical costs for medical equipment and caregiver services.
Pain and Suffering
Anyone who suffers a serious injury is prone to pain and suffering, including:
- Emotional anguish
- Psychological distress
- Physical pain
- Lost quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
The Bruning Law Firm will assign a monetary value to your pain and suffering. We will also account for the cost of treating your symptoms of pain and suffering.
Those with injuries may suffer several professional damages, including lost income, diminished earning power, missed opportunities for bonuses and promotions, and lost professional fulfillment.
Some of our clients face disabilities that make it unlikely they will work again. Others may have to significantly alter their hours or roles to earn a living. We will account for these possibilities as we calculate the cost of your professional damages.
A Wrongful Death
If your loved one passed away from injuries they suffered on dangerous premises, we are heartbroken for your family.
The Bruning Law Firm team will seek fair compensation for your considerable losses, which may include:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Your pain and suffering
- Grief counseling
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Loss of spousal companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Lost financial support
Wrongful death cases often warrant a substantial financial recovery. The loss of a loved one is often the most devastating loss you can suffer, and we’ll make sure to communicate your loss and the compensation you deserve through your case.
How Much Money Should I Get for a Premises Liability Case?
The case of each premises liability case is unique.
Each client we represent has:
- Different injuries
- Varying severity of injuries
- Different earnings (which can affect the amount of income their injuries cost them)
- Different psychological and emotional responses to injury
The attorneys at The Bruning Law Firm evaluate each case individually. This is the only way to ensure we seek the precise compensation you deserve.
Services The Bruning Law Firm Will Provide as We Lead Your Case
When you hire a lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm, you get a legal servant who will handle your case from start to finish. We will seek the compensation you deserve by:
Determining Liability for Your Premises Liability Accident
To seek your financial recovery, we’ll need to determine who is liable for your damages. In many premises liability cases, the property owner is liable for injuries that occur on their property.
We must weigh several considerations when determining liability in your case—for example, your tenant-landlord relationship if you suffered an injury on rented property.
Gathering Evidence That the Liable Parties Put You at Risk
Proving a liable party’s negligence may require us to:
- Visit the scene where your premises liability accident took place
- Interview witnesses who saw your accident happen or who witnessed the negligence that led to your accident
- Hire experts to testify about how liable parties put you at risk
Our team will gain a full understanding of how your accident took place, why it took place, and who is liable for your damages.
Documenting and Calculating Your Damages
Our attorneys will determine the exact cost of your damages, setting the bar for our settlement negotiations.
The Bruning Law Firm legal team will also document your damages with:
- Medical records
- Images of your injuries
- Proof that you have lost income because of your injuries
- Expert testimony about your pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Any other documentation that proves your damages
When we engage in settlement negotiations, we want to leave no doubt about the compensation you deserve. Liable parties will almost certainly refute your account of damages, so having detailed documentation will be essential.
Working With Experts to Improve Your Case
One perk of hiring The Bruning Law Firm is our network of experts. We have worked with mental health professionals, medical professionals, and other experts in many cases, and we’ll rely on any experts who can strengthen your case. Our team covers these experts’ fees at no upfront cost to you.
Representing You in Settlement Negotiations
Settlement negotiations are a chance to get the money you deserve and to put your case behind you. We’ll prepare tirelessly for these negotiations, and we’ll be ready to combat all arguments against your case.
During settlement negotiations, we may:
- Explain our calculation of your damages
- Present evidence of defendants’ liability
- Present documentation of your damages
- Tie together every element of your case with a comprehensive argument for compensation
We expect lawyers for liable parties to refuse our initial settlement demands. However, we’ll stand firm, knowing that you deserve the compensation we are demanding.
Taking Your Case to Trial, if Necessary
We do not unnecessarily take cases to trial but are always ready to when appropriate. The success of settlement negotiations will be a key determinant of whether we take your case to court. If we secure the settlement you deserve, there will be no need to go to court. If liable parties refuse to offer a fair settlement, we’ll prepare for trial.
Managing Every Other Detail of Your Case
While we’ve listed the major responsibilities required in a premises liability case, there will be countless other duties that we’ll handle for you. From completing all case-related paperwork and communications to submitting paperwork and addressing any roadblocks that arise during the legal process, you can trust The Bruning Law Firm to resolve your case.
The Bruning Law Firm Handles a Wide Variety of Premises Liability Cases in Creve Coeur
Creve Coeur is home to many different premises, and every property owner has a responsibility to ensure theirs is safe.
We handle premises liability cases involving:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Dog bites and attacks
- Swimming pool accidents
- Falling items
- Negligent security
- Any other event resulting from a property owner’s negligence
Our team has a firm understanding of premises liability law in Missouri. We’re also very familiar with establishments throughout Creve Coeur and may already know the location where your injury took place.
We Hold Property Owners Accountable When They Put Visitors at Risk
When someone takes ownership of a property, they must take reasonable steps to protect visitors from injuries.
Some basic responsibilities that property owners should honor are:
- Installing anti-slip flooring, handrails, and other protective equipment
- Installing video cameras and other means of monitoring the property
- Responding promptly to spills and other hazards that can lead to injury
- Training staff on how to manage injury hazards when the property owner is not present
- Installing security measures that minimize the risk of physical assault, robbery, and other criminal events that can cause harm
- Closing off unsafe portions of the property
- Conducting regular maintenance to identify and remove hazards
If a property owner fails to heed these or other responsibilities, they put people like you at risk of injury. When such injuries occur, the property owner may be liable for resulting damages.
Call a Creve Coeur Premises Liability Attorney Today for Your Free Consultation
You have to connect with a personal injury law firm in Creve Coeur that puts your interests first, cares deeply about its clients, and has a proven record of success. You deserve The Bruning Law Firm. A premises liability lawyer from our team will make winning your case their personal mission.
"When other law firms failed me. Bruning Law Firm came through for me. They did a great job and were able to get me more compensation than I expected. Couldn't be more pleased. Truly glad these folks were there for me. Took care of everything. Truly pleased. Thank you Ryan and Alice." - Joseph F.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!