There is no such thing as a “mild” traumatic brain injury (TBI). Every brain injury has the potential to cause serious immediate and lifelong harm. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury in the Creve Coeur area, The Bruning Law Firm will seek fair compensation for your damages.
Our team has fought for and won compensation for clients with catastrophic injuries. A Creve Coeur traumatic brain injury lawyer from our firm will demand that liable parties cover all medical bills, pain and suffering, and every other damage resulting from your brain injury.
We Handle Many Types of Traumatic Brain Injury Cases
Brain injuries are, unfortunately, common in many kinds of accidents. Many circumstances can cause a TBI, and we help victims seek justice no matter how their injuries happen.
We handle traumatic brain injury cases involving:
- Car accidents in congested areas, such as I-270 and Olive
- Truck accidents on I-64
- Pedestrian accident in the Delmar Loop or near Busch Stadium
- Motorcycle accidents on the Maryland Heights Expressway
- Bicycle accident near Forest Park
- Slip and falls in Dierbergs or Schnucks
- Falls from heights, such as the escalators at Enterprise Center
- Elder abuse and neglect at Delmar Gardens
- Boating accidents on Creve Coeur Lake
- Physical assaults in Soulard or other downtown areas
If you believe that someone else has caused you harm, The Bruning Law Firm will review your case. We will explain whether your circumstances are a reason to file a lawsuit.
Our local presence is an important reason to hire The Bruning Law Firm.
Because of our office’s location in Creve Coeur, you should expect:
- A quick response to your case
- Our team to meet with you in person, if you prefer
- Our attorneys and investigators to complete a detailed investigation of your injury and damages
- Our firm to navigate your case efficiently, as we’re very familiar with the civil justice system in St. Louis County
We know Creve Coeur and the surrounding areas. We care about residents in the Metro area. We will handle your case the right way.
We Will Argue That the Defendants’ Negligence Caused Your Injury and Damages
If we accept your case, it is because we believe someone’s negligence led to your traumatic brain injury in Creve Coeur.
Our team proves negligence in traumatic brain injury cases by:
- Establishing that the defendant owed you a duty of care: When someone has a duty of care, they must work to prevent harm to others. For example, a motorist has a duty of care that requires them to drive cautiously.
- Showing that the defendant breached their duty of care to you: We will identify the specific breach of duty of care once we have reviewed your case.
- Showing that the breach of duty of care caused your accident: This link may be apparent through witness accounts, video footage, reconstructions, and other evidence.
- Showing the damages you’ve suffered because of the defendant’s negligence: This will include any damages resulting from your traumatic brain injury.
Negligence is the liability standard in most civil cases. Our legal team will make our case based on the facts surrounding your traumatic brain injury.
A Traumatic Brain Injury Can Have a Devastating Effect on Your Life
The brain is the command center for everyday function, so even the slightest disruptions can have severe consequences.
Many symptoms can present huge difficulties, including:
- Speech problems
- Balance problems
- Vision disturbances
- Ringing in the ears
- Sensory sensitivity
- Personality changes
- Memory problems
While many injuries may have physical symptoms, brain injuries are unique in their ability to affect every aspect of your life.
Symptoms may be both cognitive and physical, so a traumatic brain injury may:
- Prevent you from working
- Prevent you from engaging in physical exercise
- Limit or prevent your ability to socialize
- Affect your romantic relationships
- Impede your ability to enjoy life
- Cause depression, substance abuse issues, suicidal thoughts, and other serious conditions
Even with treatment, the symptoms of TBI may severely affect your life.
Recoverable Damages Resulting from Traumatic Brain Injuries
Your traumatic brain injury lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm will categorize your damages. We will demand that liable parties cover each of your damages, which may include:
You may need extensive medical care to diagnose and treat your injury, including:
- Medical imaging services to diagnose the brain injury
- Neuropsychological tests to gauge brain function
- Medical observation in a trauma center
- Pain relievers and other medications
Each brain injury differs in severity and symptoms. Your brain injury lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm will identify all of your medical costs and seek compensation to cover them.
Brain injuries can make it difficult to complete any type of job.
If you miss work because of your injury, you may lose:
- Your regular income
- Earning power
- Potential promotions and bonuses
- Work-related benefits
- Professional fulfillment
If your brain injury prevents you from working indefinitely, our team will project the future cost of your professional damages.
If you need any type of cognitive rehabilitation because of your injury, we’ll seek compensation to cover the cost. This includes any counseling or medications you need to cope with the psychological and emotional toll of your injury.
Pain and Suffering
A brain injury may, directly and indirectly, cause several types of pain and suffering, including:
- Emotional distress
- Physical pain
- Psychological suffering
- Lost quality of life
- Sleep problems
- Loss of joy
In severe cases, a brain injury may cause a victim to feel suicidal. Though this may seem like an extreme outcome, the symptoms of brain injuries can be debilitating. We will assign your pain and suffering an accurate monetary value.
The Bruning Law Firm Also Represents Victims of Fatal Brain Injuries
If your loved one passed away from a fatal brain injury, The Bruning Law Firm wants to get justice for you.
Recoverable damages for surviving loved ones may include:
- Funeral expenses
- Grief and other forms of pain and suffering
- Loss of household services
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Lost financial support
Our attorneys stand strong for wrongful death victims. Whatever your damages are, our team will fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
Why Choose The Bruning Law Firm to Handle Your Brain Injury Case?
When you need to seek compensation after an accident and a brain injury diagnosis, the next step is choosing a brain injury lawyer. This is a decision you should not wait to make but one you should make carefully.
There are several reasons to hire a brain injury attorney from The Bruning Law Firm, including:
- Our reputation for serving clients: As attorneys, we are at the service of our clients. We embrace this spirit of service in every case we handle, ensuring that our clients are completely satisfied with our representation. You can review our firm’s testimonials to see what our former clients say.
- Our active communication: We will remain in frequent contact about your case. Whether something new has happened or we simply want to assure you that we are working towards a resolution, you’ll hear from us regularly.
- Our office locations: The Bruning Law Firm has an office in Creve Coeur. We are familiar with this area of the St. Louis metro area and its legal system. You’ll know exactly where to find us, and we’ll provide the in-person legal service you deserve.
- Our familiarity with traumatic brain injury cases: Our attorneys have successfully represented brain injury victims before. We know how much injuries like yours cost, and we know how to get justice for victims.
- Our ample financial resources: Whether we need to hire experts, commission reconstructions, fund a detailed investigation, or take any other step to complete your case, money will not be a concern. The Bruning Law Firm has all of the resources necessary to do your case justice.
- Our willingness to take your case to trial: The Bruning Law Firm does right by our clients. Though trials are more expensive and costly than settling, our firm will take your case to trial if necessary.
We give you every possible reason to hire our firm.
Our Case Results Provide More Reason to Trust The Bruning Law Firm
If you want a law firm with a proven track record of getting major results, hire The Bruning Law Firm.
Our case results include financial recoveries of:
- $50 million
- $24 million
- $15.5 million
These are only three of many substantial financial recoveries we have gotten for our clients. When you hire The Bruning Law Firm, you hire a legal team that has proven its value time and time again.
How The Bruning Law Firm Will Assist with Your Brain Injury Case
The team at The Bruning Law Firm will handle every responsibility necessary to complete your case. A traumatic brain injury case typically requires us to:
Determine the Cost of Your Damages
The Bruning Law Firm will determine exactly how much your brain injury has cost you. We will also determine how much you are likely to lose to future damages.
Once we have determined the cost of each of your damages, we’ll know how much money you deserve. This is the amount we will seek during settlement negotiations.
Document Your Damages
Your attorney from The Bruning Law Firm will document each of our damages, possibly using:
- Medical bills
- Images of your brain injury
- Expert testimony about your injuries, symptoms, and related damages
- Proof that you have been unable to work because of your injury
For each damage we identify, we’ll seek documentation. This way, those liable for those damages cannot claim that they are exaggerated or nonexistent—we’ll have the receipts.
Secure Evidence of Defendants’ Liability
Once we understand how your brain injury happened, we’ll seek evidence that the liable parties caused the injury. The types of evidence we obtain will depend on the reason for your brain injury. For example, in a car accident case, we may have an expert reconstruct the collision. In other case types, other types of evidence may be appropriate.
Complete Settlement Talks
The Bruning Law Firm will lead settlement negotiations on your behalf. These discussions can become tense, as liable parties generally try to avoid paying victims what they deserve. Your attorney from our firm will insist that liable parties compensate you for all of your damages.
Protect You Throughout the Legal Process
Our firm’s first responsibility will be to keep you and your case safe.
We accomplish this goal by:
- Handling all case-related communications, as this ensures that nobody can contact you in a hostile manner
- Prepare you to make any on-the-record statements required of you
- Handling as much of the legal process as possible
Our attorneys and support staff have experience in completing brain injury cases. Let us take the lead while you focus on your recovery.
We Only Get a Fee If We Win Your Case
We want our services to be as accessible as possible.
Anyone with a traumatic brain injury can hire The Bruning Law Firm because:
- We receive no upfront compensation from the client
- We pay for all case-related expenses
- We never ask for compensation out of your own pocket
- We only get a fee if we get results
Our attorney’s fees come from your settlement or judgment, never your own pocket.
We May Face a Strict Deadline for Filing Your Case, So Don’t Wait to Hire Our Team
Our team may face a filing deadline for your traumatic brain injury case. We want to collect all relevant evidence as soon as possible, and missing a filing deadline can prevent you from getting the compensation you deserve. Don’t wait to let us help you.
Call The Bruning Law Firm Today for Your Free Consultation
A personal injury lawyer in Creve Coeur from The Bruning Law Firm is ready to start your case in Creve Coeur right now. First, we must hear from you and assess your legal rights and options.
Call our law firm and Never wait to begin protecting your rights and future following a brain injury. Call The Bruning Law Firm today at (314) 266-6950 or contact us through our website for your free consultation.
"When other law firms failed me. Bruning Law Firm came through for me. They did a great job and were able to get me more compensation than I expected. Couldn't be more pleased. Truly glad these folks were there for me. Took care of everything. Truly pleased. Thank you Ryan and Alice." - Joseph F.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!