Losing a loved one in Creve Coeur or anywhere else is a life-altering event that causes several types of hardship. If your loved one passes away under preventable circumstances, liable parties should pay you fairly for the immense harm they have caused.
A Creve Coeur wrongful death lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm will work to hold liable parties accountable for your loved one’s passing.
Why Our Clients Choose The Bruning Law Firm to Lead Their Wrongful Death Cases
While nobody will feel the loss of your loved one like you do, our firm takes wrongful death cases extremely seriously. We will work hard to understand what your loved one meant to you and what their passing has cost you.
Serving the client is our firm’s mission.
We dedicate ourselves to the highest standards of legal service, which means:
- You will know that your case is important to us: We handle wrongful death cases to the best of our ability. Your case is immensely important to us, and this will show in the urgency with which we handle your case.
- We’ll remain in contact throughout your case in Creve Coeur: Communication is a key pillar of our representation style. We will contact you whenever circumstances in your case change or simply if it has been a while since we’ve updated you about the legal process. You will never have to wonder about the status of your case.
- We’ll show compassion for your tragic loss: Wrongful death cases are unlike any other, as you have lost somebody you cannot get back. Our team will show compassion and learn about your loved one on a personal level—understanding them is the only way to measure what you have lost.
- Our firm will ease your financial concerns: The Bruning Law Firm requires no upfront compensation to start your case. We will also cover every case-related expense and won’t get a fee unless we win for you.
- We will fight for the entire financial recovery you deserve: Law firms often face a choice of whether to continue fighting for their client or settle for the easy settlement. The easy option is never an option for The Bruning Law Firm. If we need to take your case to trial, we will.
We have a high standard for our attorneys and staff, and you should also have high expectations of us.
Criteria to Seek in a Creve Coeur Wrongful Death Lawyer
Our wrongful death lawyers serving Creve Coeur meet all the criteria you should seek in an attorney, including:
- Experience: Our attorneys have successfully represented many wrongful death victims in the St. Louis metro area. This experience provides a solid foundation for leading your case, as we know what challenges and steps to expect when leading a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Legal knowledge: Wrongful death cases are an important practice area for The Bruning Law Firm. Our attorneys are knowledgeable about the laws that will govern your case.
- Reputation: Our former clients praise how our legal team fought for them. Many of those clients received considerable financial relief because of our services.
- Results: Our firm is proud to have gotten justice for many clients who lost a loved one due to negligence. In cases like yours, a positive result is about far more than money. Winning your case is about honoring your loved one and acknowledging the immense loss you have suffered.
The Bruning Law Firm has an office in Creve Coeur, ensuring that we can provide effective, in-person representation. There is ample reason to hire us to lead your wrongful death case.
How Will a Wrongful Death Lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm Help Me?
Our team serving Creve Coeur will handle every step of your wrongful death case. We want you to mourn your loss, be with loved ones, and tend to other responsibilities without a single concern about your case.
Services we provide wrongful death victims include:
Determining the Cost of Your Damages
Our firm will determine the cost of both:
- Non-economic damages
- Economic damages
The cost of losing a loved one is massive. Our team will determine the exact amount of compensation you are entitled to. The cost of a funeral alone can exceed what most people can afford out of their own pocket, and this is only one of the many damages we see in wrongful death cases.
Securing Evidence of Liable Parties’ Negligence
We will build a case that proves the liable parties’ negligence caused your loved one’s passing.
The evidence we use in your case will depend on the details of your loved one’s passing, but useful evidence may include:
- Video footage of any event that caused your loved one’s passing
- Expert testimony about the event(s) that caused your loved one’s passing
- Relevant witness testimony
- Any tests, reconstructions, or studies that help prove your case
Our attorneys work quickly to secure evidence, as time may allow the destruction or loss of important evidence in your case.
Documenting Your Damages
Your damages will be the central focus of our case. These damages will determine how much compensation you deserve. We’ll account for your damages in a way that respects your privacy and may prove those damages with expert testimony, invoices, and other forms of documentation.
Negotiating a Settlement
A settlement is a realistic outcome in civil cases. Our firm will negotiate relentlessly for the settlement you deserve.
In wrongful death cases, victims may deserve a substantial settlement. The loss of a loved one is the greatest possible loss, and your financial recovery should reflect the weight of your loss.
Completing a Trial, If Necessary
The Bruning Law Firm completes every step of our clients’ trials. Though trials are not always necessary in wrongful death cases, going to court is one of our options. We are ready to complete any trial that proves necessary in your case.
Completing All Other Case-Related Responsibilities
Wrongful death cases involve many responsibilities, both foreseen and unforeseen. Our team will handle every detail of your case, including paperwork and communications.
Your lawyer will protect your rights throughout the time that we represent you. Insurance companies and liable parties will need to contact us for any case-related communications to ensure that your rights remain safe.
We Handle All Wrongful Death Cases in Creve Coeur
The Bruning Law Firm encounters clients who have lost loved ones in different ways. Every case is tragic, but each specific type of wrongful death case has unique considerations and challenges.
Our attorneys are ready to handle a wrongful death case related to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Defective or dangerous product
These are only a few circumstances that can lead to wrongful death. If you have lost a loved one in circumstances you believe were preventable, reach out to a Creve Coeur wrongful death lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm.
Recoverable Damages for Those Who Have Lost a Loved One in Creve Coeur
Losing a loved one causes pain and harm that is difficult to quantify. Our firm must quantify that harm to seek a financial recovery for you, and we’ll identify damages such as:
Pain and Suffering
It generally takes as long as a year to recover from grief, though the process can take even longer. While you are experiencing grief, you may suffer depression, loss of quality of life, and other harmful symptoms. If you need treatment for your pain and suffering, we’ll include the cost of treatment in your case.
We’ll also account for any pain and suffering your loved one experienced before passing away.
You might face the bills if your loved one underwent medical services for fatal injuries or illness. Your attorney from The Bruning Law Firm will factor those medical bills into their settlement target.
Those who eventually succumb to a fatal condition may need:
- Emergency transportation
- End-of-life care
Medical bills for fatal conditions can be expensive—even bankrupting, in some cases. Our team will demand that liable parties cover all medical expenses related to your loved one’s passing.
Loss of Consortium
The loss of a loved one cannot be measured only by financial damages.
You will also suffer non-economic losses, including:
- Loss of a spouse’s companionship
- Loss of a parent’s guidance
- Loss of emotional and psychological benefits that the decedent provided their loved ones
We will identify and calculate the cost of all of your non-economic damages.
You should receive compensation to cover the cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial. Our attorneys will work to ensure that liable parties cover these costs.
Lost Financial Support
If your loved one was working at the time of their passing, you might deserve a financial recovery for the loss of:
- The decedent’s income
- The decedent’s employment-related benefits (including but not limited to healthcare coverage)
- The decedent’s household-related skills and services
- Any other forms of financial support the decedent provided you
Those who have lost a loved one in Creve Coeur rarely want to think about financial issues. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm ensures that you can work through your grief while we handle every aspect of your case.
Is There a Deadline for Filing a Wrongful Death Case in Creve Coeur?
We may face a deadline for filing your wrongful death case in Creve Coeur. Missouri law generally requires that we file a wrongful death case within three years of the decedent’s passing.
Even if more than three years have passed since your loved one’s death, you may be eligible to seek a financial recovery for your damages. There may be exceptions to the statute of limitations. In any case, we encourage you not to wait before getting legal help. Time is a critical factor when seeking justice for wrongful death.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Missouri?
Only a decedent’s personal representative can file a claim. Our firm can help determine if you are eligible to pursue a wrongful death action.
Our firm can file a wrongful death claim for you. Just as importantly, we’ll complete the legal process on your behalf.
When you choose to hire an attorney from The Bruning Law Firm to handle your wrongful death case, you:
- Protect your well-being: A wrongful death is difficult enough to endure. Reliving any aspect of your loved one’s passing can be traumatic. Furthermore, the stress and demands of a legal case can be detrimental to your well-being. Let our firm handle these demands for you.
- Let our legally trained and experienced attorneys fight for what you deserve: While you can handle your own case, you should consider whether you’d rather have a trained, experienced attorney fight for you. Your case may involve substantial compensation, meaning the cost of failure can be great. Having an attorney and their team on your side can prove beneficial.
- Get total financial support for your case: The Bruning Law Firm will cover all case-related expenses, hire experts to help with the case, and ask you for no upfront compensation. This will ensure that you have no direct financial risk when hiring our firm.
Our attorneys receive their fees as a percentage of your financial recovery. Therefore, you don’t pay us anything if we don’t win.
Call The Bruning Law Firm Today for Your Free Consultation
A personal injury lawyer in Creve Coeur from The Bruning Law Firm will fight for justice for you and the loved one you have lost. We’ll start your case as soon as possible, but you must take the first step. You should never wait to reach out to our firm to begin exercising your legal rights as a victim of wrongful death.
Call The Bruning law Firm today at (314) 266-6950 or contact us online for your free consultation. You must meet a filing deadline for your case in Creve Coeur, so don’t wait. As soon as you hire our firm, we will begin seeking justice for your family.
"When other law firms failed me. Bruning Law Firm came through for me. They did a great job and were able to get me more compensation than I expected. Couldn't be more pleased. Truly glad these folks were there for me. Took care of everything. Truly pleased. Thank you Ryan and Alice." - Joseph F.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!