When a motor vehicle strikes a pedestrian, there is a substantial risk that a victim will suffer severe injuries. Thousands of pedestrians die each year from accident-related injuries, showing the danger that motorists pose when they hit a pedestrian.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident, a Creve Coeur pedestrian accident lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm will seek compensation for your damages. You may get money for medical bills, lost income, and all other accident-related damages.
What The Bruning Law Firm Offers Pedestrian Accident Victims?
It’s a fair question: Of all the law firms serving Creve Coeur, why should I choose The Bruning Law Firm for my pedestrian accident case?
We offer several reasons to choose us as your legal representatives, including:
- Our focus on pedestrian accident cases: Our attorneys serving the St. Louis metropolitan area are familiar with pedestrian accident cases. We have fought and won compensation for many clients who suffered injuries due to negligent motorists. This relevant experience will allow us to complete your case with confidence.
- Our reputation for excellent client service: Your lawyer will be attentive, available, and determined to get every dollar you deserve for your accident. Just read the endorsements of our former clients who praise The Bruning Law Firm’s excellent service and legal effectiveness.
- We are local to Creve Coeur: Because we have offices in Creve Coeur, our team is already close to your accident scene and we have a personal stake in seeing accident victims get the justice they deserve. Our team will come to you for any necessary meetings, making your case as convenient as possible.
- Our familial approach to the law: We are a family-run law practice that believes a client is an extension of our family. Expect respect, compassion, and heartfelt legal representation when you hire The Bruning Law Firm.
- Our promise to prioritize your case: We never accept a case unless we believe we can win. If we offer to lead your pedestrian accident case in Creve Coeur, our entire team will work to get the compensation you deserve.
Justice cannot wait after a pedestrian accident. Our lawyers and paralegals are ready to fight for you, but you must take the first step in contacting our firm.
Our Case Results Prove The Bruning Law Firm’s Desire to Win for Our Clients
Case results are an important way of evaluating a law firm. Our track record proves that we can deliver for clients no matter the size of a settlement or verdict.
We have obtained financial recoveries of:
- $50 million
- $24 million
- $15.5 million
- $4.75 million
- $4.5 million
- $3.2 million
- $2.9 million
We highlight these results for a good reason. When you’re considering a law firm to lead your pedestrian accident case, you deserve a clear, tangible reason for hiring it. Our case results, plus our reputation among former clients, give you ample reason to hire The Bruning Law Firm.
Recoverable Damages in a Creve Coeur Pedestrian Accident Case
Pedestrians have no protection when a motor vehicle hits them no metal barrier, seatbelt, or airbag. We expect our clients who have been in pedestrian accidents to have serious injuries. Though it is tragic, we have represented clients who have lost loved ones because of pedestrian accidents.
If you suffered non-fatal injuries in a pedestrian accident, your recoverable damages might include:
Pain and Suffering
Pain may be the first sensation you experience during a pedestrian accident. You may also experience fear, anxiety, and with time, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Even as you begin your recovery, you may experience:
- The loss of physical abilities
- Brain damage and related symptoms
- Sleep problems
- Lost quality of life
- Other forms of pain and suffering
We will consult mental health professionals to identify your pain and suffering. Those experts will help us diagnose the cost of your pain and suffering and the symptoms you will likely experience going forward.
Our firm will demand that liable parties cover your accident-related medical bills. You may still be undergoing medical treatment and evaluation. Our team will work with your doctors to determine the cost of your care and the likely cost of future medical services.
The more severe your injuries are, the more costly your medical bills may be. We’ll work to recover compensation for 100 percent of your medical bills.
If your phone, clothing, or other personal property suffered damage during your pedestrian accident, we will include the cost of repair or replacement in your lawsuit.
Pedestrian accident victims generally miss work following their collision. In cases of serious injury, victims may miss months or years of work—or may never work again.
When this happens, you may lose:
- Earning power
- Career goals and ambitions
Being unable to work can cause immense financial stress. Our team serving Creve Coeur will seek to replace the professional benefits you have lost due to your accident.
Our Experienced Attorneys Will Lead Your Pedestrian Accident Case from Start to Finish
Hiring The Bruning Law Firm means freeing yourself from the demands of a lawsuit or insurance claim.
Our team of lawyers and paralegals will lead every step of your case, including:
- Determining who owes you compensation: Often, a motorist’s dangerous driving causes a pedestrian accident. In other cases, unclear traffic signals, unsafe roads, and vehicle defects lead to pedestrian collisions. Our firm will identify everyone with liability for your accident in Creve Coeur.
- Collecting evidence of negligence: We will seek evidence that shows how and why your accident happened. This may include witness accounts, video footage, a police report, a reconstruction of the collision, and more.
- Calculating the cost of your damages: Every pedestrian accident has a cost. We’ll determine the exact cost of your damages. We’ll include both economic damages (such as medical bills) and non-economic damages, including pain and suffering.
- Getting documentation of your damages: We will prove the precise nature of your damages with medical records, expert testimony, medical bills, photographs of injuries, proof of lost income, and any other relevant documentation.
- Fighting for a fair settlement: Those responsible for pedestrian accidents don’t typically provide fair compensation to victims. Generally, a firm like ours must fight for the compensation the client deserves. That is precisely what we will do for you.
- Proceeding to court, if necessary: Trials are relatively rare in civil injury cases, including pedestrian accident cases. Even so, The Bruning Law Firm takes cases to trial when our clients need us to.
We will develop a clear strategy for your case, which may include filing all appropriate insurance claims and possibly a lawsuit. If we can negotiate a fair settlement, that will be the end of your case. If we don’t, we may take your case to court.
Our experience and financial resources allow us to remain flexible. Whatever your case requires of us, we will rise to the challenge. Trust The Bruning Law Firm to always do what is right for you.
Reasons for Pedestrian Accidents in Creve Coeur
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) ranks Missouri 17th in pedestrian fatality rates (per capita). This indicates that pedestrians have a higher-than-average risk of being hit and killed (or non-fatally injured) in Creve Coeur.
Some reasons for pedestrian accidents in Creve Coeur include:
The City Environment
Pedestrian accidents often happen in urban areas. This makes Creve Coeur a high-risk area for pedestrian accidents.
Cities (rather than rural areas) may pose a higher risk of pedestrian accidents because:
- People tend to walk more frequently in cities.
- Public transportation in cities requires pedestrians to frequently enter and exit vehicles near the roadway, posing a risk that a vehicle will strike them.
- Cities often have close quarters between buildings, which brings pedestrians and vehicles in close proximity.
Though Creve Coeur is by no means a massive city, its close proximity to St. Louis qualifies it as an urban setting. Statistically, this makes Creve Coeur a hazardous setting for pedestrians.
The Presence of Major Roadways
Interstate 270 and Highway 67 both run through Creve Coeur’s city limits. This means that vehicles traveling at high speeds travel through the city, putting nearby pedestrians at high risk.
Motorists may be distracted and stressed when entering and exiting these major roadways. These motorists may pose a great risk of striking pedestrians.
Poor weather conditions increase the risk of all motor vehicle accidents, including pedestrian accidents. When it rains or snows in Creve Coeur or when other weather conditions affect driving conditions, the risk of pedestrian accidents rises.
The General Hazards That Motor Vehicles Pose
Pedestrian accidents in Creve Coeur can happen at any time, in any place, and in any weather condition. When motorists fail to exercise caution, pedestrian accidents are bound to happen.
Specific driver behaviors that put pedestrians at risk include:
- Drunk driving: Drivers who are intoxicated may be unable to see or respond appropriately to pedestrians. A drunk driver may be criminally liable for a pedestrian accident, but a victim can also sue the drunk driver.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is among the most dangerous behaviors that a motorist can engage in. A motorist whose eyes or attention are away from the road may not see a pedestrian. This poses the risk that the driver will strike the pedestrian at full speed or nearly full speed.
- Speeding: When a motorist is traveling beyond the speed limit or too fast for weather conditions, it is more difficult to stop for a pedestrian.
- Failing to yield the right of way to pedestrians: When a pedestrian has the right of way, but a motorist fails to recognize or honor that right of way, a collision may occur.
Our team will investigate your pedestrian accident in Creve Coeur and identify those responsible for your injuries. We will then take the necessary steps to seek full compensation for your injury-related losses.
When Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Pedestrian Accident in Creve Coeur?
You should hire an attorney from The Bruning Law Firm as soon as possible after your accident.
Waiting can prove catastrophic to your case because:
- We may have a deadline for filing your case: Missouri Code § 516.120 generally requires that we file a pedestrian accident case within a certain period of time. You may be occupied with your recovery after the collision, as you should be. We will work on filing your case as quickly as possible.
- Evidence will vanish with time: Certain accident-related evidence may be very time sensitive. Video footage of the collision is one type of evidence that can be extremely valuable but particularly vulnerable to erasure, destruction, or being lost. The sooner you hire our firm, the sooner we can begin seeking evidence for your case.
- The other side may take advantage of you: As soon as your accident happens, your rights become vulnerable. Insurance companies and the person (or people) responsible for your accident can pose a risk. When you retain The Bruning Law Firm, we protect you from possible rights violations.
There is no time too soon to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm.
Can I Handle My Pedestrian Accident Case Without an Attorney?
While you can technically handle your pedestrian accident case without an attorney, we advise that you rely on an attorney.
You may put your health at risk if you take on too much stress or responsibility after your pedestrian accident. By hiring our firm, you allow us to protect you from the demands of a lawsuit or insurance claim.
Call The Bruning Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
If a motorist hits you, they should cover your damages. A personal injury lawyer in Creve Coeur from The Bruning Law Firm can seek the financial recovery you deserve. We require no upfront compensation and don’t get a fee unless we obtain compensation for you.
"When other law firms failed me. Bruning Law Firm came through for me. They did a great job and were able to get me more compensation than I expected. Couldn't be more pleased. Truly glad these folks were there for me. Took care of everything. Truly pleased. Thank you Ryan and Alice." - Joseph F.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!