Slip and fall accidents are often the results of a property owner’s negligence. If you or a loved one slipped, fell, and suffered injuries in Creve Coeur, an attorney from The Bruning Law Firm can seek compensation for your damages. Our team has secured fair compensation for many slip-and-fall accident victims, and we want you to be next.
A Creve Coeur slip and fall attorney from our firm will start work on your case today. We’ll lead the legal process from start to finish, allowing you to focus on your health and other responsibilities.
Why Slip and Fall Accident Victims in Creve Coeur Should Hire The Bruning Law Firm
First, consider why you might hire an attorney in general following a slip and fall accident. You may need and deserve compensation for your damages, but there are several reasons why you may not want to handle your case without an attorney.
You may want to hire our lawyers because:
- You’re injured: Even at full strength, you may face challenges when completing a lawsuit or insurance claim. The fact that you suffered an injury can significantly increase the difficulty of completing your claim or lawsuit.
- You’ve lost a loved one: If your loved one has passed away because of a slip-and-fall accident, you may be in the midst of grieving. This process deserves your full attention. Trying to handle a wrongful death case without the proper help can expose you to additional stress and trauma you do not need.
- You have limited time: Most people’s time is limited, even when life is at its easiest. When you face an unexpected slip-and-fall lawsuit or claim, it may be difficult to find the time to complete the case on your own.
- Your accident placed your health at risk: While your injuries may already make it difficult to handle a slip and fall case, trying to complete your case without an attorney can actually put your health at risk. The stress and demands of a case might even worsen your injuries and slow your recovery.
As you can see, the typical slip-and-fall injury victim has multiple reasons to hire an attorney. Once you have decided that hiring a lawyer is an option, consider why you may want to choose The Bruning Law Firm to represent you.
The Excellent Client Experience at The Bruning Law Firm
Our firm is committed to providing the best possible client experience.
- Staying in touch with you: Strong communication is an indispensable feature of our firm’s client experience. You will have your lawyer’s phone number, and we’ll contact you whenever something important happens in your case. We’ll maintain contact until your case is complete.
- Providing complete financial support: You can hire The Bruning Law Firm without paying any upfront compensation. Our attorneys will hire experts, file your case, and complete every other step in the legal process without asking you for a dime.
- Showing respect for your hardship: Compassion is in our firm’s DNA. We encounter those affected by others’ negligence every day, and we see the immense toll that a fall can take. Expect nothing but compassion and respect when you interact with The Bruning Law Firm team.
- Fighting for the maximum financial recovery: A financial recovery is the goal of any slip and fall case. Our firm will identify your damages, determine their cost to you, and fight for the settlement or judgment you deserve. We don’t settle for anything less than you deserve, and we’ll take your case to trial if necessary.
The Bruning Law Firm has recovered settlements and verdicts of $50 million, $24 million, and $15.5 million. These are just some of the many positive case results we have gotten for our clients, and we will fight for the entire financial recovery you are entitled to.
What Damages Can a Slip and Fall Case Recover?
Each person who suffers a fall experiences different damages. Each slip-and-fall accident victim has their own injuries and symptoms, and we must complete a detailed investigation of your damages.
Having handled many slip and fall accident cases, we expect that you may have suffered:
- Medical costs: Fall victims may need surgery, hospitalization, medical imaging, and other medical services. You may also need pain-killing medications and rehabilitation services as you heal from your injuries. All fall-related medical expenses may be recoverable.
- Lost income and other professional damages: Fall-related injuries that affect your work may cost you income, earning power, promotions, and other professional benefits. Being unable to work can put you under great financial stress. Your lawyer will work to get compensation for professional damages as soon as possible.
- Pain and suffering: Falls can cause severe injuries, leading to immense pain and suffering. Recoverable types of pain and suffering can include emotional distress, physical pain, psychological trauma, and lost quality of life.
We are ready to identify other damages, as each fall victim has a unique story. Our team will identify every damage you have suffered so that we can seek the financial recovery you deserve.
Lose a Loved One Because of a Fall? Our Firm Can Help
Approximately 684,000 people die each year because of fall-related injuries.
If your loved one passed away because of a slip and fall accident, our firm will account for damages, including:
- The decedent’s medical bills
- Your pain and suffering
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Loss of a spouse
- Loss of a parent
- Loss of the decedent’s income (and the financial support it provided)
- Funeral expenses
- Any other damages resulting from the decedent’s passing.
We extend our condolences if you have lost a loved one. The Bruning Law Firm will fight for justice in Creve Coeur, both for you and for the decedent’s memory.
Get Legal Help If You Suffered a Fall, No Matter the Details of Your Case
Certain segments of the population, including older adults and hospitalized individuals, are at an elevated risk of falling and suffering injuries. However, anybody can suffer a slip and fall accident, and even healthy individuals can suffer serious injuries as a result.
If you or a loved one fell and suffered any injury, contact The Bruning Law Firm today.
How The Bruning Law Firm Will Seek Compensation for Fall-Related Damages
The Bruning Law Firm provides honest, reliable, competent legal representation.
We handle slip-and-fall cases from start to finish, and our responsibilities typically include:
- Establishing liability: We’ll determine who is liable for your fall and resulting damages. The owner of the property where you fell will be among those we examine for potential liability.
- Securing evidence: Your attorney will collect any evidence that helps your case. In a fall case, video footage and witness accounts may be compelling evidence of negligence. We may also hire an expert to reconstruct the circumstances of your fall.
- Documenting damages: We will get images of your injuries, medical records, medical bills, and any other documentation that establishes your damages.
- Calculating the cost of your case: Our team will add the cost of your damages to get your total case value. This is the amount that we will seek during settlement negotiations.
- Seeking a settlement: Our team will meet with liable parties (or their legal representatives) to negotiate a settlement. We will present our evidence, documentation, and calculation of damages. We’ll demand the entire settlement that you are entitled to.
- Completing a trial (only if necessary): If your case requires a trial, we will take your case to court. Trials are not nearly as common as settlements in civil cases, but they are a possibility.
We handle every administrative duty in your case. This includes paperwork and communications. By serving as the contact point for your case, we’ll protect you from any parties that want to deprive you of fair compensation. This may include insurance companies.
What Is a Slip and Fall Accident Case Worth?
Each slip and fall accident case has a different value.
Factors that may affect the cost of your damages (and the related cost of your case) include:
- The types of injuries that resulted from your fall
- The severity of symptoms from your slip and fall accident
- Whether anyone died because of the fall
- The extent of medical care required to treat your injuries
- Whether your injuries have caused a permanent disability
We approach every slip-and-fall accident case as a blank slate. We’ll speak with you, your doctors, and knowledgeable experts to identify and value your damages.
Who Can You Hold Liable for a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall accidents can happen in virtually any setting. From work sites to stores, residential property and public property, wet surfaces, items, and other conditions can cause someone to fall.
Some specific failures that may lead to a slip-and-fall accident include:
- Failing to monitor premises at all times for possible slipping hazards
- Failing to clean up a spill in a prompt fashion
- Failing to cordon off any spill or slipping hazard that the premises owner cannot clean up immediately
- Installing or failing to remove flooring material that poses a high risk of slipping accidents
- Failing to install anti-slip material on stairways
- Failing to install handrails and other features that may reduce the likelihood of a slip-and-fall accident
- Failing to install proper lighting throughout a premises
Our attorneys will review the facts of your slip and fall accident. We will identify any failures that led to you falling. Liability differs in each case, but rest assured that The Bruning Law Firm will identify every liable party in your case.
An Attorney From The Bruning Law Firm Can Make the Case for Your Full Compensation
As we move forward with your slip and fall case, we’ll argue that the liable parties were negligent.
We generally make this case by:
- Establishing their duty of care to you: Property owners, municipalities, and others have a duty to protect others from harm. If anyone acted unreasonably and exposed you to a slipping risk, they might have violated their duty of care.
- Showing that liable parties violated their duties of care: Your attorney from The Bruning Law Firm will identify any specific failures that constitute a breach of duty of care. For example, failing to clean a spill promptly will likely be a breach of duty of care.
- Establishing the causal link between the breach of duty of care and your fall: We will work to prove that the breach of duty of care led directly to you slipping, falling, and suffering injuries.
- Showing the damages that have occurred because of the breach of duty of care: Our team will present your damages, which is the final step in proving negligence.
It may be apparent that someone’s negligence caused you harm. Even so, we’ll work to make a formal, detailed case that leaves no room for doubt.
When Should I Hire an Attorney for a Slip and Fall Case?
Do not wait to hire a Creve Coeur slip and fall attorney from The Bruning Law Firm.
We must abide by any relevant statutes of limitation, including:
- Missouri Code § 516.120, which generally requires that we file a personal injury case within five years of the slip and fall accident
- Missouri Code § 537.100, which generally allows us only three years to file a wrongful death lawsuit after a fatal slip and fall accident
We also want to begin collecting evidence and building your case as soon as possible.
Call The Bruning Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
A personal injury lawyer in Creve Coeur from The Bruning Law Firm will be your fearless advocate. We will fight for your total financial recovery. While many people underestimate the effects of slip and fall injuries, our legal team sees how serious and costly such injuries can be daily.
Call The Bruning Law Firm today at (314) 266-6950 or contact us through our website for your free, no-obligation consultation. We are ready to evaluate your legal rights and options as a slip-and-fall victim.
"When other law firms failed me. Bruning Law Firm came through for me. They did a great job and were able to get me more compensation than I expected. Couldn't be more pleased. Truly glad these folks were there for me. Took care of everything. Truly pleased. Tthank you Ryan and Alice." - Joseph F.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!