Catastrophic injuries are life-changing, often causing radical adjustments to your daily reality and diminished quality of life. The Bruning Law Firm has great empathy for those who have suffered catastrophic injuries, and we work hard to get financial recoveries on their behalf.
A settlement or judgment may pay for medical bills, cover caregiving services, and compensate you for the pain and suffering you have endured. Liable parties should be accountable for the harm they have caused you. A Creve Coeur catastrophic injury lawyer from The Bruning Law Firm will fight for you.
How The Bruning Law Firm Will Fight for the Financial Recovery You Deserve?
Our firm offers total legal services. You can focus on your recovery without distraction from your case. We’ll work hard to resolve your case as soon as possible and handle any problems that arise. We’ll let you know if we need you to provide a statement or help us make a decision.
We typically help clients with catastrophic injuries by:
- Documenting damages caused by the injury: We will document each of the damages from your catastrophic injury. Images of your injuries, medical records, and expert testimony may be among the types of documentation we use.
- Calculating the total cost of your case: Every catastrophic injury has a cost often a high one. It is our job to determine the exact cost of your catastrophic injury over many years. We know the established methods for calculating both economic and non-economic damages, and we’ll get the calculation right.
- Establishing liability: As we investigate the cause of your catastrophic injury, we’ll determine who is liable for your damages. These are the parties we’ll name as defendants in your lawsuit.
- Securing evidence of negligence: Someone is negligent when they don’t act reasonably. When unreasonable behavior causes a catastrophic injury, negligent parties are generally responsible for the damages. The evidence we seek in your case will vary depending on how your injury happened.
- Leading settlement negotiations: We will lead settlement negotiations for you. These negotiations can be tense and even combative, so it is wise to have an experienced attorney leading your case. Ultimately, we’ll work to get the settlement that you deserve.
- Completing a trial, if we need to: The Bruning Law Firm takes cases to trial when it is in our client’s best interest. However, most civil cases settle, and we always strive for the most efficient yet effective resolution of each case.
We handle all paperwork, communications, and other details of a catastrophic injury case. Though it is impossible to predict exactly what your case will require of us, The Bruning Law Firm is ready for anything. We’ve handled enough cases to know we should expect the unexpected and take it in stride.
With The Bruning Law Firm on your side, your catastrophic injury case is in good hands.
What Qualifies as a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is one that substantially affects your quality of life.
This can include injuries that:
- Cause permanent disability or permanent symptoms
- Cause scarring or other types of disfigurement
- Results in chronic pain
Some specific injuries that may prove catastrophic are:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Injuries affecting internal organs
- Injuries resulting in nerve damage
- Cancer-related injuries
- Injuries that cause blindness
These injuries can have lifelong effects and losses for the rest of a victim’s life.
If you have any questions about whether your injury qualifies as catastrophic, an attorney from The Bruning Law Firm can review your case. We work with medical professionals to fully understand our client’s injuries. Even if your injuries are not technically catastrophic, they may give us sufficient reason to pursue a legal case.
We Handle All Types of Catastrophic Injury Cases in Creve Coeur
Catastrophic injuries can happen in a great number of circumstances. Our firm prides itself on fighting for catastrophic injury victims no matter how their injuries happen.
Some of the catastrophic injury cases we handle result from:
- Truck accidents on I-64 or I-70
- Car accidents on Olive Blvd or other congested areas
- Bicycle accidents in the Loop
- Motorcycle accidents on I-270
- Pedestrian accidents while walking to a Cardinal game
- Slip and fall accidents at Schnucks
- Premises liability accidents at City Museum
- House fires that result in severe burns
- Workplace accidents, including construction accidents
- Physical assaults
- Elder abuse and neglect
- Swimming pool accidents at Shaw Park
- Ridesharing accidents following a night out in Soulard
These are just examples of cases we handle. If your case type is not listed here, we can still assist you in seeking compensation for your damages.
Catastrophic Injuries Can Change Your Life Forever and Come at A Great Cost
One hallmark of a catastrophic injury is that it interferes with your daily life.
Suffering a catastrophic injury may mean that:
- You experience daily pain and suffering that diminishes your quality of life
- You cannot complete your work as you did pre-injury, or perhaps not at all
- You can no longer engage in exercise as you normally did
- Your personal relationships change
- You cannot enjoy life in the way that you did before being injured
Catastrophic injuries also tend to have a high financial cost. For example, the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation explains reports that expenses from a spinal cord injury can total more than $1 million—and that’s only for the first year following the injury.
Why The Bruning Law Firm Is Fit to Lead Your Catastrophic Injury Case?
The Bruning Law Firm knows injury risks in Creve Coeur in and out, but that is only one of the many reasons to hire us for your catastrophic injury case in the area.
Other reasons include:
- Our familiarity with catastrophic injury cases: Experience is important when choosing a law firm. Our history of handling catastrophic injury cases positions us to handle yours. We’re aware of the general process of completing catastrophic injury lawsuits and the challenges we will likely face during your case.
- Our reputation for prioritizing clients: Our former clients leave many favorable endorsements. These testimonials note our responsiveness, integrity, and relentless fight to get the compensation the client deserves. Put great stock in the words of former clients, as they are best positioned to judge a law firm for better or worse.
- Our financial resources: The Bruning Law Firm is fortunate to have years of legal experience and many substantial case results to our name. This allows us to handle catastrophic injury cases the right way, investing the funds necessary to put forth strong cases. We’ll spare no expense when representing you.
- Our case results: A law firm’s case results are an objective way to measure its success. Our track record speaks for itself, and we are working on adding more results every day. We have won settlements and verdicts of $50 million, $24 million, and $15.5 million, plus many more recoveries of more than $1 million.
While we have an office in Creve Coeur, we also have a personal investment in all regions of the St. Louis metro area, so we’re determined to get justice for victims with severe injuries. We want to see a safer city where victims of negligence get the justice they deserve.
We Have Achieved Many Positive Case Results for Catastrophic Injury Victims
Many of our notable case results involve catastrophic injuries, including:
- $15.5 million for victims with severe burn injuries resulting from a flash fire
- $4.75 million for burn injury victims endangered by a landlord who put bars on windows
- $4.5 million for the parents of a child who suffered a paralyzing birth injury
- $3.2 million for another family affected by a birth injury
We carefully research our client’s damages in every catastrophic injury case we handle. We determine the cost of current and future damages and then fight for the financial recovery they deserve. We never advise clients to settle for less than that amount and take cases to trial in St. Louis County civil court if necessary.
What Are Recoverable Damages in a Catastrophic Injury Case?
A catastrophic injury typically translates into substantial damages. When a motor vehicle accident requires a victim to stay in the hospital, the average cost of the hospitalization alone is $57,000. This provides just a glimpse into how costly a catastrophic injury can become.
Recoverable damages we often see in catastrophic injury cases include:
Pain and Suffering
Before you experience the financial cost of a catastrophic injury, you may experience pain and suffering.
Pain and suffering can include:
- The physical pain from your catastrophic injury
- The emotional and psychological distress caused by the injury and its effect on your life
- Depression, anxiety, and other psychological conditions stemming from your catastrophic injury
- Lost quality of life
- Suicidality, which may occur when someone becomes overwhelmed by the realities of a catastrophic injury
We work with mental health professionals who can identify every type of pain and suffering resulting from your injuries. While you may be aware that you’re in physical, psychological, and emotional pain, we will help you make sense of your pain and suffering and assign it a monetary cost.
Catastrophic injuries can require costly medical services, including:
- Emergency department care
- Prolonged hospitalization
- Extensive rehabilitation
- Frequent doctor’s visits to monitor the progress of your condition
The cost of medical care is one reason why catastrophic injuries can be financially catastrophic for victims. The Bruning Law Firm will work to get compensation for all medical costs that the liable parties are responsible for.
A catastrophic injury can mean the end of your career as you know it.
This can leave you financially devastated, causing the loss of:
- Earning power
Many people derive joy, identity, and fulfillment from their careers. Losing their career can, therefore, worsen the psychological effect of a catastrophic injury. We’ll include the loss of professional fulfillment in your list of injury-related damages.
The Cost of Living With a Disability
Medical costs do not sufficiently capture the cost of living with a serious disability.
A catastrophic injury may also require:
- The addition of ramps, handrails, and other modifications to your home and office
- The purchase of a vehicle that accommodates your disability
- Full- or part-time caregiver services
- In-home rehabilitation devices
- An extensive medication regimen
- An electric scooter and other mobility assistance devices
Loved ones may need to quit their jobs or scale back their hours to help care for a disabled loved one. The Bruning Law Firm approaches our cases at a human level. We will determine the complete toll of your catastrophic injury and demand that liable parties pay for the damage they have done.
Why You Should Hire an Attorney After a Catastrophic Injury?
Suffering a catastrophic injury is, for most victims, a once-in-a-lifetime event. Many do not know how to proceed after the injury, and we strongly encourage that you hire an attorney to seek compensation for your injuries and legal guidence for your case.
If you try to seek compensation without hiring an attorney, you may:
- Dedicate less time than you should to your rest and recovery
- Spend substantial time and effort trying to understand and complete the legal process
- Expose yourself to stress
- Have to face potentially traumatic details related to your catastrophic injury
- Pay out of your own pocket to complete your case
- Put forth a case that is weaker than it will be with a lawyer’s help
Our personal injury lawyers fight for clients’ financial recoveries. That is our job, and we work hard to do it well. When you hire us, you get the services of an entire legal team. Do not underestimate the benefit of having The Bruning Law Firm leading your catastrophic injury case.
Call Our Creve Coeur Catastrophic Injury Attorneys Today for Your Free Consultation
Do not wait to speak with our personal injury lawyer in Creve Coeur. We may be up against a rigid filing deadline, so we want to start work on your case as soon as possible. Also, the sooner you call, the sooner we can begin collecting evidence and preparing for settlement negotiations.
Call our law firm today at (314) 786-2615 or contact us through our website for your free consultation. We’ll explain how you can retain a Creve Coeur catastrophic injury lawyer and return your focus to recovery.
"When other law firms failed me. Bruning Law Firm came through for me. They did a great job and were able to get me more compensation than I expected. Couldn't be more pleased. Truly glad these folks were there for me. Took care of everything. Truly pleased. Tthank you Ryan and Alice." - Joseph F.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!